Sunday, July 11, 2010

River Trip!

This weekend, I went on my 1st float down the Illinois. There were 24 of us that went, 7 of us that live in our neighborhood. We left late afternoon on Friday & stopped to eat dinner at Sam & Ella's. We pulled in to the cabin a little after dark. I am sooooo mad that I didn't get a pic of the cabin. I can only describe it as this: There was a room in the middle with some tables & a kitchen. Then to the right & left were rooms that had like 20 bunk beds. The mattresses were about an inch thick & I'm not sure it would have held Trey up for the entire night. So, it was not the best lookin' place I have ever seen. I don't want to go into all of the details of Friday night, but we had a scary evening & decided to pack all of our stuff at about 1:30 that morning & go find a hotel. There was so many people there floating the river, and there was a fishing tournament in town, so there weren't a lot of rooms available. Kasey called every hotel in Tahlequah and found us 4 rooms at the MOTOR LODGE! So, by the time we all get checked in & stand outside & talk & all that, I didn't even get to bed until after 3. Some of the guys stayed up until after 4. Luckily, we didn't have to float until noon the next day! Once again, I am sooooo mad that I didn't get a pic of this hotel either! I don't know what my problem was this weekend of not taking pics. (I know I didn't take a lot at the river because I was too scared to drop it!) Anyways, the room wasn't the Ritz, but it was better than the "military school style" cabin we were supposed to stay in. We did the 6 mile & I had so much fun! I can't wait until next year! Floating the river should def. be an annual trip for us!


Here is part of the group getting all of the stuff onto the rafts.
Dr. Jayme, me, & Kristy!
And this is what Chad looks like after not having a
whole lot of sleep & floating the river all day! That hair-do was definitely worth the $5 that Rafe paid him!
We headed back home this morning just in time for Abby's birthday party @Earlywine pool. Don't laugh at me, but here is ANOTHER pic of the Maj & Abby!

No comments:

Post a Comment