Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Meet Your Teacher"

So the time has come! Even as I sit here and type this, I get a little teary... and I said that I wouldn't! (But everyone knows I'm the biggest cry baby on earth!) The 1st day of school is tomorrow! The Maj has sooooo many questions!!! He is super excited, and I am too, but I just can't believe the day has finally come. I'm anxious to see what & how he learns, what new friends he makes, how he handles different situations- all the things that Trey & I have tried to prepare him for.
Tuesday night was "Meet Your Teacher" night. The kids meet their teacher & drop off school supplies. Major's teacher is Mrs. DeWitt and we couldn't be more thrilled! (She actually lives next door to us too!) I didn't get to go with Maj to this because I had to be in my room to meet my new kiddos for the year. Both sets of grandparents came along! Since I probably won't get to make it to very many of his parties, Nano & Nene will have to cover for me!
So I am off to bed early tonight. Bed time is the one thing that I know Major is going to struggle with. He is such a night owl like Trey. Me, on the other hand, I NEED MY SLEEP! . Class only lasts an hour tomorrow while the parents have a meeting. Friday will be his 1st full day. Wish us luck tomorrow...this momma needs to stay dry-eyed, and I pray that Major loves school and has a great experience!



1 comment:

  1. Sweet little boy is starting school! Can't believe it! Will had some great words of advice for him tonight on the phone :)! Call us and let us know how his day goes.

    ReplyDelete